This site is dedicated to the BEST, most decorated club, with the BEST fans, in MLS history.
Your 2007 & 4 time MLS Supporters Shield Champions & 4 time MLS Cup Champions: D.C. United!

Another Fanatical D.C. United Supporter

My photo
Alexandria, Virginia, United States
Welcome! I have been an avid Washington Capitals fan since 1977, when I attended my first game at Capital Centre, in Landover, MD, just 5 minutes from where I grew up in Bowie. I held season tickets from 81-92 there, in section 126, L. I then held season tickets from 99, until 07 at Verizon Center, first in 410 H, then in 408 E, then 408 A. This blog gets its name from where my seats have always been..."Behind The Goal Line". Being born and raised here in Washington, D.C. I also am an ardent & lifelong D.C. United, Nationals, and Redskins fan. This blog is not intended to be a "news" source, or anything of that nature, rather, it is just one lifelong fan and supporter's musings, opinions, thoughts, rants, perspectives, and observations on all things Caps, from on the ice, in the stands, to the front office, and around the NHL too. I will attempt to keep this updated as often as I can, so check back often as this is a work in progress.

Friday, May 9, 2008

United Disappears, Is Clean Sheeted Once Again, Falls to 2-5-0 For Season Thus Far :: United 0 | 2 Fire

This posting is only temporary, as I will update and add more later on.
The Match:
The 3-5-2 just is not, and has not worked. I cringe every time I see Soehn trot that out. Soehn is slowly, but surely working himself out of a job here. I just disagree w/ the formations so far, and playing players out of thier natural positions, as well as his use of Moreno. Moreno, In my mind, is a 60th minute supersub now. That would be the best use for him. He played well last night, and did try, but he just not have the legs he used to and hes pretty gased by the 50-60 minute mark.

Im not on the "Wells Sucks" bandwagon just yet. I think hes a good GK, hes just not getting much help from in front of him ( and its not our backline either for a change). Speaking of that, oddly enough, where our backline was the big glaring problem the past couple of seasons, its now probably the LEAST of our worries. It does bother me that the D is getting alot more shots now, and scoring too, than they used to. That to me is a product of failure up top, and in the attacking midfield positions.

We have no flank play at all. Were predictable, and easy to defend. We just do not have the ability to stretch out any defences anymore. So they just clog up the middle and the box, and force turnovers or force us to go out wide, where they know we are not very good. Hardly anyone on this club can give consistantly good service into the box from out wide. We miss Olsen and Gros pretty badly in those areas. (We obviously miss Gomez too, but for different reasons.) The flanks are now, at least to me one of the most glaring defects this club has. That, and the lack of any sort of real bite up top is going to likely make for a very long season. I had a not so good feeling about all this change when it was happening (trades, new signings...etc) but I kept it to myself. It was a "gut" thing. Well, I think that I am now seeing why I had that "gut" feeling that was not very good. It just is not working at all to this point. So far, its looking more like a train wreck to me.

Edit: Niell is just not going to last in MLS I don't think. I was skeptical about him before, but for as talented as he may be, he is just ineffective in MLS to date, and I just do not see that changing. Maybe play him on the outside instead of the middle, that might make his small stature less of an issue i suppose. Worth a try. Hell, ANYTHING is worth a try at this point.

48 comments:

Rob said...

You should know better then to post after an evening of soccer and drinking. But seriously even from the comfort of my bed I switched the game off at halftime I was that pissed!

AC said...

Who would want to relive last night? However, you can visit our site for some photos from the game.

Here is hoping that you really will keep blogging.

Cheers,

Allen
OffWing Photo

dcsportsfan said...

Just thought I would share with some fellow DCU fans that Comcast will be running all of the DCU championship games this week! Relive all the glory! Make sure to tune in... I know I will be. Let's Go United!

http://www.comcastsportsnet.tv/pages/unitedchampweek

TSP said...

Can't wait for you to post again, it's been awhile.

Anyway, I had a great idea for your site that you might like, but rather than posting it here I would prefer to e-mail it to you. You can find me e-mail address in my blogger profile.

Thanks and keep up the great work!

TSP said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Mirsad said...

Dear Webmaster, I could not find your e-mail adress so I will try to contact you through the comment form.

I am the owner of http://www.soccer-training-guide.com

As an ongoing process to increase the link popularity of my site, I am looking for some good quality links to exchange links with my site.

I recently came across your site through search and found it beneficial and informative for my site's visitors. I would like to offer you a link exchange with my site.

A positive response from you on this would be highly appreciated.

My e-mail adress is: mirha494@gmail.com

Thanks for your time.

Best Regards

Mirsad Hasic

bendprue said...

haha~ funny!.thank .you for .your ..share.....

晚上 said...

很喜歡你的部落格風格,期待你的更新!..................................................

傷心 said...

Every why has a wherefore.........................................

討厭愛上妳 said...

忙碌的一天終於過了,來看看文章轉換心情,也幫你加個油哦~........................................

天才 said...

大奶妹貼圖區0204性影片觀賞露點自拍淫婦女生如何自慰色情站成人笑話av激情網愛視訊美女淫蕩av成人色情電話辣妹視訊聊天性關係情色vcd自慰圖淫美成人論壇台灣色情論壇成人聊天室自拍裸女貼圖視訊成人免費a片影片av成人網成人色情色情台灣辣妹小穴太太陰毛色情訊息裸女自拍色情影片a片論壇性愛技巧美女脫胸罩情色天堂av寫真色情視訊聊天做愛視訊成人影片床上戲情色聊天網火辣情色台灣女優性愛秘笈台灣av女優手淫自慰影片

怡如 said...

困難的背後,隱藏著通往成功的階梯 ....................................................

伯怡建銘君臻 said...

廢話不多,祝你順心~^^........................................

HarriettAckley0317 said...

I love readding, and thanks for your artical. ........................................

1202NathanV_Woodell said...

nice job! waiting for your new artical. ........................................

惠IdellA_Fecteau1231蘋 said...

嘿,你的部落格不錯哦!........................................

宛蓉 said...

haha~ funny! thank you for your share~ ........................................

FranciscoL_Swaney0806 said...

欣賞是一種美德~回應是最大的支持^^

韋于倫成 said...

只用微笑說話的人,才能擔當重任。........................................

LudivinaLe88787 said...

成人85 高雄視訊 土豆聊天室 無碼影片 交友 av女優 性感脫衣遊戲 脫衣影片 偷拍貼圖 聊天室小高 女女愛愛圖 免費觀看情趣影片 18禁免費 少女自拍貼片 免費影城 成人a片 情色 av色情片 一夜情 383影城 視訊聊天室 玩美女人 美女 辣妹 人妻 熟女 免費視訊 視訊聊天 a圖 寫真a片 885cc 線上成人 嘟嘟 影音視訊 自拍貼圖 找援交妹 情人聊天室 免費脫衣舞短片 av色情片 洪爺影城 大奶 sex 成人電影下載 巨乳影片 性感制服 後宮電影院(入口) 限制級 裸體0204影片 性愛免費觀賞 歐美模特兒走光

呈均 said...

幸福不是一切,人還有責任。..................................................

恭嘉恭嘉 said...

很喜歡你的部落格風格,期待你的更新!........................................

vickiekurt said...

世間是非,要如水泥地般水過則乾。..................................................

振瑋 said...

Many a little makes a mickle...................................................................

sada said...

寂寞又無聊 看到你的BLOG 加油喔!!......................................................................

王婷珊 said...

Pen and ink is wits plough. .................................................................                           

韋志韋志 said...

Poverty is stranger to industry.....................................................................

貢慧 said...

所有的資產,在不被諒解時,都成了負債.................................................................

凱文凱文 said...

幸福不是一切,人還有責任。............................................................

雅莊王edgd春2蕙婷余惠其 said...

安一估~你也安一估哦~............................................................

懿綺懿綺 said...

hi!~~leave you a message to say hello, and thanks for your share!..................................................................

吳吳 said...

很榮幸能到你的BLOG留言o^~^o..................................................................

JasonBirk佳琪 said...

願你心情如秋高氣爽!笑臉如鮮花常開!..................................................................

婷珊 said...

享受你自己的生活,不要與他人相比。.......................................................

賢林賢林 said...

風平浪靜時,人人都可以當舵手.................................................................

鄭雅琦鄭雅琦 said...

There is no key to happiness, only a ladder..................................................................

淑娟淑娟淑娟 said...

天下沒有意把鑰匙,可以打開所有的門............................................................

sh林aronr宏oge嘉rs said...

婚姻對男人來說是賭他的自由,對女人而言卻是賭她的幸福。............................................................

吳林怡廷佳宇 said...

知識可以傳授,智慧卻不行。每個人必須成為他自己。. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

群育航學 said...

愛情是盲目的,但婚姻恢復了它的視力。..................................................................

章鱼 said...

我新來的~大家可交個朋友嗎(・ˍ・)............................................................

怡涂涂涂均 said...

生活總是起起伏伏,心情要保持快樂才好哦!!............................................................

張王雅竹欣虹 said...

培養健全孩子最好的方法是父母先成為健全的人。......................................................................

于庭吳 said...

謝謝大大分享!!經典!~(。・ω・)............................................................

佳張張張張燕張張張張張 said...

時間就是塑造生命的材料。..................................................... ............

王辛江淑萍康 said...

生命如夏花洵爛;死如秋葉之靜美。........................................ ........................

麗王王珠 said...

你的部落格不錯哦,我來享受一下~~..................................................................

王雅俊 said...

愛情是盲目的,但婚姻恢復了它的視力。......................................................................

Current Weather at RFK Stadium